What defines a good marriage?

I am curious has to what qualities define a good marriage to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Your spouse is your best friend. You are cofortable talling your spouse everything.

Answer by louise2 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I really don't know. I think every has ups and downs. Just because you are bestfriends and feel comfortable talking together doesn't make a good marriage. I think it takes a lot more than that. Similar views, morals, and values. Comprimise, love, trust and honesty.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree, you can talk with you man about anything and everything. I know I have been married for almost 13 years and I am 35 and when my man is away I am miserable and I love spending time with him. Other friends of mine say stuff like don't ur husband drive you nuts or can't wait till he is gone for work, I just look at them and say ur nuts...LOL
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I guess what I think defines a good marriage is you can actually have a conversation with your spouse without having to argue..! Being able to handle finances together with no problem....The spouse should at least help around the house as much as you do.....be a little bit sensitive with your feelings....Help out as much as they can with the kids.....(we need a break too!) Be affectionate and at least has a sense of humor now and then....we cant always be serious...um.....thats all I can think of??? but yea, maybe that covers it for me.
    sharyn1983

Answer by sharyn1983 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• There are a lot of different qualitites and I'm sure every couple feels differently , but in my opinion, some qualities include, love, honesty, trust, and respect.
    Jen110786

Answer by Jen110786 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• not seen one yet so I don't know. I've had three but obviously they didn't turn out to be good but the divorces were great!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i think it's different for every relationship.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 10:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• To me it's unwavering loyalty, trust and respect as the foundation. Everything else is built on top of that.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• happiness & mutual respect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ok good marriage to me is even when everything blows up in your face and you are broke and trying to figure out how to pay the bills you are still happy... when two ppl make the commitment to work through all workable situtions i mean i understand cheating abuse are not workable! you dont cheat on each other you dont abuse each other and you dont take each other for granted... its kinda funny my husband and i have an unspoken agreement when my friends are here he waits on me hand and foot and when his friends are here i do the same lol when my friends are here he waits on them hand and foot and when his friends are here i do the same if both friends and families r here we both do it and when we are the one being waited on dont act like a big shot about it it seems to make things run pretty smoothly for us lol everyone has there own thing that makes their marriage a good one
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2009