Should I call out?

My daughter is almost 2 years old. Shes been very warm today and wasnt playing much with her toys which she does all day long usually. Shes also just wanted to be held and cuddled all day. I know she has a fever because of her temp and how shes acting just isnt like her.

My question is: I have work at 6am, Ive been working at this place for only a month but have never missed a day of work yet. Should I call out of work tomorrow to stay with my daughter? My mother (her grandmother) usually watches her while Im at work. But I want to be with her when shes sick. I just dont know if its a good idea to call out or work cause of it.

Renilia

Asked by Renilia at 9:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Don't call out. Your mom can handle a mildly-sick child. Get used to having to go to work when you'd rather be home with your child. She'll survive just fine with her grandma. You will survive the short separation.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I say go to work. I know you could probably use the money and it looks good on you. My hubby watches kids overnight when I go to work and I have always left my kids home sick with him when I had to go to work. The only time I missed worked for a sick kid is when my 5yo was in the PICU for 3 days and Dh missed work to watch the other 2 while I stayed with her. Your child will be fine with her grandmother for the day. It would be different if she was in the hospital!
    TheBabyFactory4

Answer by TheBabyFactory4 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Go to work, there are many people lined up that will take your job.Grandma can handle your child just fine. Save the sick days for when you or your child are very sick.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I did end up calling out of work. I took my daughter to the hospital with a 103 degree fever and straip throat. So its a good thing I didnt go to work otherwise she would be getting worse. But thank you for your advise but as for my job I hate it anyways and need a better one anyways.
    Renilia

Answer by Renilia at 11:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2009