Awful pain in knees?

I get awful pains in my knees and knee joints. It normally happens at night when im tired. The more tired i get the worse pain im in. Its also even went up into my hips. Im only 20 years old. Im overweight but im really active. I walk up and down my stairs all the time and sometimes it hurts so bad i can barely make it up them but going down im fine. Any ideas of what might be wrong? Is it possible i have arthritis?

hisfuturewifey

Asked by hisfuturewifey at 9:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• In my opinion it could be arthritis. Perhaps you should get it checked in case it is something that can be helped if treated early enough.

Answer by Bmat at 10:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Arthritis is the most likely thing I can come up with, but it's also possible it's something else.
    I've had horrible pain in my knee and hip for the last couple years. The dr. just informed me that I have seriously damaged tendons, torn ligaments and fluid behind my kneecap. The pain of that has caused me to hold my knee funny, which is making the pain in my hip and back worse.
    mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 10:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009