did u smoke while pregnant?

I dont smoke and dont see why any one would even want to but my sis smoked with both kids.... Not being mean just curious.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Uggh no. There's a woman at work who goes to smoke literally about every 45 minutes. It makes me so sick, especially because no she's showing so much. I feel so bad for the baby and the withdrawals it'll most likely go thru.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i quit for the first 3 months, and then i broke up with the father of my child was really really depressed and a friend offered me a ciggerate. i said i would only smoke just one and it all went down hill from their. for the rest of my pregnancy i would smoke for a week, then quit for two, got back together with my SO and he would smoke right in my face and offer them to me and i would try not to, but then i would give in and smoke. by the last two months i was smoking 3 a day. i felt guilty the whole time. so guilty. and i still do. but it was an unplanned pregnancy and i wasnt ready for it, and i guess im not as strong as i thought i was. and a little selfish. but i tried, i really did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I didn't and I think women that do are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna knock their heads off!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• nope....have never smoked a cigarette a day in my life so if i did while pregnant that would be weird
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I am a smoker not heavy but a smoker however the minute I knew I was preggars I quit I work with a woman who is a nurse and still smokes she is about to pop anyday and it just ticks me off sooooooo bad she knows how bad it really is for the baby
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I took a birth defects class in grad school and cigarette babies are worse off than crack babies!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Before I was pregnant I smoked one pack a day.
    As soon as I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking from one day to another - just threw the pack I had in the trash. I wasn't smoking the whole pregnancy and for the whole time I was breastfeeding!
    But a few month ago we had a girls night out and my friends are smoking... they offered me one... and oh well I'm smoking again... but just a half pack!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I. Stop.d soon as I found outwith baby #3, with the 2nd I had maybe 1 a day, and with baby #1 I didn't even smoke to begin with.
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 10:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm not proud about it, but I smoked with my first son, & with the second. They learned all the things they should as they grew.
    Quit smoking for the baby, but more for yourself and spend the $$ on a new post preggers outfit w/shoes.
    1Redapple

Answer by 1Redapple at 10:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i don't smoke, well to be honest, i smoke about 1 pack a year. just every once in a while i'll have a couple of drinks and a couple of cigarettes. so of course i didn't smoke while pg.

my stepmom did smoke during all 5 of her pregnancies. and she would always go on about how all of her babies were born small and i'd think "DUH i wonder why".

everyone else i know who smokes has quit during their pregnancies but then started up again afterwards unfortunately.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009