I hate School Uniforms

My kids is stuck wearing them and I hate it, I mean I get why they do it but I really dislike them. They treat the kids like adults anyways why not let them dress how they want. I mean they can always send the ones who dress either by saggin or skimpy home, I mean it is a very few that messs it up why can't the parents be more responsable and just be a parent. What do you think??

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I grew up wearing uniforms( I hated it!), and my kids didn't. They always came to me for approval before walking out the door.
    momof337

Answer by momof337 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I read a debate on here last night about school uniforms- and moms saying they wont make there children follow the rules! I work, and I have to wear a uniform- School is your childs job, if that job requires a uniform than that's how it is! Its cheaper, stops kids from making fun of less fortunate students, and basing popularity from clothes. I don't buy the whole "it makes kids concentrate on school" debate, but its a rule, and as such should be followed!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think it depends on the uniform
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well either they follow or they will get in trouble I just hate them and think that they are crappy !!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Especially when the kiddos are little, it is the fun in starting school and going school shopping, some of the clothes my niece would wear instead of the uniforn would be cheaper in the long run...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You'd be suprised at how many kids at the school I work at still sag and skimp in uniform. Low cut white blouses and big baggy navy blue Dickies. They will always find a way to break the rules.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think they are great. There is never any hassle about what to wear in the morning. My kid's school has the strictest uniform standards and I think it is great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I dunno, I kinda like the uniform idea...Less of a hassle about what to wear in the morning, You can buy less clothes because you can wash them in the middle of the week, There is no mine is better debate as they are all the same, It makes the students look more unified....I can see the down side like the loss of the 'first day of school perfect out fit' and the whole be yourself thing. On the other hand hair and accessories can define you and make you stand out to, unless they are banned to. I could be torn but I lean towards I like the idea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I love school uniforms! I know what I'm wearing everyday, my only decision is either a white polo or green polo.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 10:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I wore uniforms to school for 12 years and it never bothered me. School is for learning, it's not a fashion show. Then again, I hated fashion and the times we had to come out of uniform I hated it because all the kids made fun of my clothes because they weren't "cool" or name brand or whatever.
    My kids have been wearing them for the last 2 years...green plaid jumpers and white blouses with knee high socks for the girls and navy pants and white oxford shirts for my son. They were in kindy, 1st and 3rd last year and none of them cared that they had to wear them. They had plenty of time to show their own style after school. Mornings are a lot easier now that they wear uniforms.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009