Me and my wife want to adopted but were lesbians how can we get around that so we can adopt a little boy or girl?

sexypoca

Asked by sexypoca at 10:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Adoption

• One of you adopt as a single mother.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you cant adopt because you are lesbians? i didnt know that. maybe you could get a sperm donor (like a sperm bank) one of you could get pregnant and then you would have your baby. :) good luck
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I know where I live if you are lesbian you can adopt. I live in california. In fact about 10 years ago my cousin was adopted, his dad died, off to a lesbian couple and he still lives with them
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• find an agency, facilitator(if they are legal in your state), or an adoption attorney that accepts lesbian couples. There are tons out there! You can adopt as a lesbian couple....just do lots of research for the right adoption entity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You CAN adopt if it is a same sec marriage. I placed my daughter 2 yrs ago and considered a gay couple. However, I didnt choose them but they were one of my top three.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• WOW, I am appalled that your sexual orientation would effect whether or not you could adopt.....that saddens me. I know a couple who would be the best parents in the world. But I guess it's better to give children to people like that guy who starved that little boy Chandler to death and kept him in a closet, oh because he had a common law girlfriend, that's right.........so that must have made him an ideal candidate, good lord, the system is sooo WHACKED!!!
    How rediculous!
    Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Find another adoption agency is my opinion... There are plenty of adpotion agencies who will adopt to homosexual couples. Good luck and thank you for adopting :) It's an amazing thing to do!
    AnnaAndCalebsMa

Answer by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 10:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Depends where you want to adopt from. International adoption is most likely out of the question. Even if you cliam to be a "single" person, your home study will show otherwise (you live with your partnet, etc.). But domestic adoption is an option.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 11:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• You can still adopt, but probably not a "healthy, white, infant, boy" in the US. Try fostering with the intent to adopt. We have several gay families at school who adopted through this method.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have some close friends that are lesbian and they decided to give birth because they were getting nowhere with adoption.They had reason to believ it was because of being lesbian.They were ablr to find a sperm bank out of california that let them shop the donor.They picked a man that was willing to donate several times so thchildren could have full siblings.This is 12 years ago but at the time they had to go to several docs. to find one that would help-the others objected to them being gay.Eventually they had sucess.My friend told me secretly that when they had the legal work done to make them both parents she kind of didn't want to because it was enpowering that the baby was just hers,she got past it because should something happen to her she didn't want her blood relatives attempting to take him from his other mother.Some might have.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:27 AM on Aug. 8, 2009