what is a good age differnce to have beween your kids?

kieramommy

Asked by kieramommy at 10:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's best to give your body about 2 years to recover. But I find that a large age gap isn't much fun. I'd say about 2.5 to 3 years apart would be best. My sons are 2.5 years apart, and they play together really well. Better than some other kids I know that are a lot closer in age. I think it's because the oldest is old enough to realize that he needs to give his brother some leeway because he's still somewhat a baby (21 months).
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I will not have two kids in diapers-unless their twins. I plan to get pregnant after my son is two. The same goes with other kids I may have.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well I dont know the best age but I will start trying again when my baby is a year old. I want mine to be close in age
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my kids are 18 and a half months apart ... They are 4 and 2 and they have recenlty become best friends! Every once in a while, big sister wants her alone time, but for the most part, she loves to play with and help her little brother :) It's a lot of fun to see them playing together and conversing :)
    AnnaAndCalebsMa

Answer by AnnaAndCalebsMa at 10:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• If I could do it over again I would have 2 years inbetween. We have about 6 years inbetween and it's hard to find family trips that we can all enjoy. It seems like my husband is always going down the water slides with our 8 year old and I'm stuck at the kiddie pool with our 2 year old:( Haha sorry for the rant.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• The best for the mom and baby is to wait until the baby is 3 until trying to conceive according to the World Health Organiznation.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• 2 or 3 yrs apart
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i think its good to get all the diapers overwith around the same time, so about 1 1/2 years apart i would say
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter was born Jan' 85, son was born Nov '86, 2nd son was born March '89.
    momof337

Answer by momof337 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• For me I would have to say 2-3 yrs. I passed this gap, but its good to have them close in age, because they will grow up together and get along better. My son is 12 and says that he does not need a baby anymore (:)
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009