Obama-Allied Unions Threatened With Gun Violence For Town Hall Participation..thoughts?

One of the country's largest unions has been hit by a wave of hostile calls and even death threats from people upset with its involvement in town-hall health care debates.

The Service Employers International Union was, as one aide put it, "deluged" with calls on Friday after several conservative media outlets accused the organization of trying to assault demonstrators who had showed up to protest Obama's health care agenda. Making it even scarier for union employees, the address of the union's St. Louis headquarters was mentioned on air by conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh.

THIS is why Rush and his hate speech is dangerous and why they are being referred to as an angry MOB..and BTW, that is NOT a compliment

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Callers who reached both the front desk and the communications department compared the union officials to Nazis, union aides say. On Twitter, organizers of the town hall protest urged people to take pictures and write down the license plate numbers of attending SEIU officials. More alarming than anything else, angry callers and protesters pledged to take up arms against the union.

"If ACORN/SEIU attends these meetings for disruptive purposes, and you have a license to carry....carry," read one tweet.

"I suggest you tell your people to calm down, act like American citizens, and stop trying to repress people's First Amendment rights," one caller warned. "That, or you all are gonna come up against the Second Amendment."
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well considering the assault was on video and you provide no link....
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh yes and the protesters are carrying swastikas to, right??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• â– Eugene Zameda on August 7th, 2009 3:30 pm
    Got to love this country. All this yelling about organized right wing fanatics. Did someone forget the Left wing protests, the acorn protest, the seiu protests, the freespeach people protesting repubilican leaders during the bush admnstration. I guess we have here is the left not liking their own tactics used against them. This is not republican against democarts it is about big goverment period. It is additional governmental policies steping on the rights of the citizen. As to particalliy quote the Great Spock, LOL, Since when do the needs of the few surpass the rights of the many. These reps are OUR employees not we their subjects.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:20 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• â– youpeople on August 7th, 2009 3:51 pm
    Gotta love the left.trying to paint old men and women as violent nutcases.
    tyme4me2day

• â– wtobias on August 7th, 2009 4:13 pm
    so when a democrat burns a car throws a rock at a bus injuring and elderly man burns garbage dusters a few unruly protesters letting of steam but when someone try to speak against comrade dear leaders socialist health care. its a mob, no one was injured not one broken window no turned over burning cars
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I have never heard Rush promote violent action; though he does constantly promote voting booth action.

It's silly and pathetic to blame violent threats on him just because he publicly mentioned the organization supporting the bill. All sorts of public figures name organizations in support of various bills from all radio stations and tv stations. It's nothing new or unusual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ...and I might add it would be much more dangerous to not permit such freedom of political speech.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Oh yeah I would be telling them I am packing too with the way THEY handled themselves! Are you kidding? How do you know they are not just informing them you wanna assault me I am gonna shoot you. I am tired of hearing how horrible the MOB is but yet have seen no one from this MOB attack an individual. But oh I did see a clear video of an SEIU man being arrested for clocking a protester.
    Anonymous

• Well, I plan to attend armed for protection. If you think I'm going to allow some goon to attack me, like they did that poor black man in St Louis, you're crazy! We have a right to exercise our First Amendment freedom...if they choose to interfere with that, I agree, we have the right to exercise our Second Amendment freedom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009