sinus make u tired all the time?

I ALWAYs have a sinus infection and have bad allergies and am always soooo tired and have no energy....Any one else have this prob?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• Taking allergy pills all the time like loratadine can help. It's one of the drugs you can get for $4 a month at many pharmacies. You can take it breastfeeding.

Always having a sinus infection isn't normal. Two or more sinus infections in a year is a warning sign of having a primary immune deficiency disease. This is a group of genetic immune diseases that can have onset at any age. It can be as minor as having a deficiency of immune globulin A (IgA) that protects your nose, sinus, digestive track to as serious as having no immunity. My three sons and I have CVID a rare combination deficiency.

You can have your blood tested to see. IgA deficiency can't be treated buy you will know why you are sick all the time. If you have IgG deficiency you can get IV therapy every 3 weeks. I've been doing this for 21 years. I have no IgA and low IgG, & IgM.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yes yes yes yes! I ALWAYs have sinus and allergy issues! I've had like 3 surgeries with NO relief! Its a mess and no OTC meds help me. I am always so tired. I have ADD, though, and its easy to get more than a little overwhelmed when your mind is in a million places, so I chalk most of my fatigue to that. But when I get sick, its worse, so yes. Having sinus infections takes up your body's energy because its fighting it. Naturally, that makes you tired. There are tons of solutions, I'm just unlucky. Hope things work out better for you!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:51 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I have about 6 sinus infections a year, take Zyrtec D and Singulair daily for allergies 10 months out of the year. I am very tired when my allergies are acting up and my doctor told me it is from not sleeping correctly at night due to my sinuses draining. My head is so filled with pressure right now, I want to poke a hole in it to relieve all the pressure. Try taking a shower at night to get the allergens off your body and hair, sleep with a vaporizer on at night, elevate your head.For some people, there are prescription nasal sprays for allergies, but those don't work for me. Keep the AC on, it keeps the allergens outside. Have someone else dust for you or dust with a damp cloth to keep the dust from getting in the air.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Try eliminating dairy; it can exacerbate sinus problems; all animal products can drain your energy. Drink lots of water and eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes

Answer by rkoloms at 11:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009