to the women who had a c-section...

did you have to prepare yourself mentally b4 the surgery?
I'm kinda scarred and my c-section is on Monday.
And I'm just wondering how other women prepared for it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did you have to prepare yourself mentally b4 the surgery? i have had 2 and i will be having my 3rd in Jan.. What i did was pray and ask God if he would take the fear from me and i remembered that verse God does not give a spirit of fear.. I know My God was going to take care of me :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i didnt really have time to prepare myself because my son was premature, they tried to induce me, and made the decision in about 2 minutes to give me a csection. the actual surgery is not that bad, it was over quick. but you may feel nauses and shake alot but as soon as its done they give u meds that make it feel better. but im not gonna lie, you are going to be in ALOT of pain for a while. but they give u a script for percs and that makes a little better. and before u know it, it will be over. =) GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I asked my doctor to deliver my baby by c-section because i did alot of research and it was safer for me to deliver that way because of a heart condition that my doctor never looked at. But all i can say is that you will be fine and so will your baby. I had my c-section on June 4th. I didnt have alot of pain but i was verry tired for a few days.The doctor sent me home with some pain meds but i never took any of them. Its not as scarry as alot of people say it is. hey gave me a spinal so i couldnt feel anything but was still wide awake.All i could feel was pressure.I started to get a sharp pain in my left sholder but they told me that before it started to happen and told me to tell then if i started to hurt at all and they would give me some pain meds for it. I was in and out of the OR and down in recovery in 20 min.I was not able to see my son for long because he was having trouble breathing because i had a placental abruption
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I fetl my c-section. Even with two shots of epidural, I still felt every single minute of it. I screamed and moved around...It was terrible. I had to sleep on my couch for two weeks because I couldn't sleep on my bed because I couldn't get up off of it. Breastfeeding was harder. Even though I told the nurses I was going to, they still gave him a bottle because I was in recovery for an hour and I couldn't be with him. My advice is to try a natural if you can.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i DIDNT HAVE TIME TO PREPARE MINE WAS AN EMERGENCY . jUST GO WITH IT, ITS SAFER AND THEY HAVE REASONS FOR DOING THEM. 1. yOU WILL PROBABLY PUKE FROM THE MEDS THEY GIVE YOU , AND YOU GET SHAKY BUT ITS OVER QUICK. THE RECOVERY TIME IS ALOT LONGER THAN NATURAL ( I HAD MY FIRST 2 THAT WAY) BUT ALL IN ALL THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING SO JUST LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOUR NEW LITTLE BUNDLE
    MamaKnws09

Answer by MamaKnws09 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009