Anybody else?

My Husband and I have been married ten years. He works 24 hours on and 48 hours off (but works another job during the days) and I miss him so very badly at nights. I miss having him around. Am I alone? during the day I am fine (I still miss him, but not like I do at night time).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• My DH and I have been married for 17 years, he was in the military for the first 4 and was deployed most of that time. Then he had "normal" jobs where he was home at night and on Sunday. Now he has a job, for the past 10 years, swinging shifts. I really don't like the night shift, but I have learned to deal! My boys have never known anything else so they accept it as well. But I do miss him at night, but it makes me appreciate it when he is here. :o)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I cant even sleep when my husband is not home. Its like i need him there for me to fall asleep. He dosnt work nights often but he has been these past few weeks because his unit just came back from iraq so they have to help them with bags and shots. And i hate how he dosnt get home till around 4 in the morning. I will fall asleep on the sofa about 20 min before he gets home and he tries not to wake me up and carry me to bed lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• sounds like a fireman I know. His wife was home with his 3 kids while he was playing online on his laptop all night at the fire station. He watched porn and chatted with women on his webcam jerking off for them while they played with themselves then he would find out where they lived and on the way home the next day (or the way to his day job) he'd stop in and have sex with them. I hope that's not your man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• OMG! Way to take a positive post and turn it into something about a low down dog cheating. OP, my Husband is a Firefighter who works those shift and I know that he is not cheating and almost all of his friends are the same way. Believe it or not Ladies not all men cheat.
    OP I am happy for you! My Husband and I have been married 9 years and I feel the same way. Well except the days that I am mad at him and then I get the chance to cool off LOL.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• lol, yeah his wife says he doesn't cheat either....I have pix of us 2 prove he does. most i know do and his buddies got his back!!!! You would be shocked to know how many firemen's wives r n denial
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No I would not be surprised. I am not naive to the fact that a lot of people cheat but not all do. Just because these people do doesn't mean everybody is. I think it's sad that this person posted something all nice and sweet and some Anonymous person has to come along and try to put doubt in their head. What a sad depressing life you must live to read a post like this and the first thing you think of is he is probably at the station on the computer looking at porn. Your friends Husband did it and those other people did so OBVIOUSLY EVERYBODY does it right? I see a lot of blue cars run red lights, guess that means ALL blue cars run red lights.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I feel the same way. He needs to try to be home some nights, it will eventually hurt your relationship.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• OP here, I appreciate your concerns but he is not cheating on me and his work is not hurting our relationship. If it hasn't bothered us in ten years than I just don't think it's going to. I miss him that is all I was saying. I wasn't saying that there are any problems I was just saying that I miss him. I don't know how it turned into post that my marriage is in trouble and he is cheating on me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• op~ i think it is great that after ten years you still miss him i didnt think you were saying you thought he was cheating i think anon there must have been that woman from her story sounds way bitter anyhow i hope i still miss my husband after 10yrs his job hes out of town mon - friday most weeks and i miss him soooooo much when he is gone grant you we have only been married ummm 6 weeks lol and to anon. i also know my husband is not cheating on me seriously get a grip not everyone cheats sorry your man cheated on you
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My husband and I just moved back home to California from Wyoming, partially because as long as we lived there he was going to have to travel, and we BOTH hate being separated overnight. We've been married 21 years, and for the first 15 years we had only been separated overnight when I was in the hospital having our sons....I take that back....he slept in the lobby on the sofa because he didn't want to leave me there without him!! So you're not alone, you're lucky to be in love........
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2009