do u notice u are treated better in public because u are pretty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What's the queston?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no its a real thing, pretty people get called on more in class, do better in job interviews... theres like research done on it, let me see if i can find a link
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• umm a guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, sometimes being attractivve to someone can put u in an awkward position
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don't really think pretty has to do with it...
    B/c I have a friend who is beautiful but they rather choose me over her b/c I have more confidence.
    (I'm pretty too, don't get me wrong) its just more people will like YOU if YOU LIKE you
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I agree with pookipoo. We talked about this in Sociology
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• This is a fact. Pretty women/handsome men are treated differently then ugly ones. I have seen this first hand. I have seen managers not hire qualified people for jobs over unqualified people due to their looks. It is not right, but it does happen.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:05 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• well i cant find any actual links from a good source, bit i guess there was a show where they sent attractive and unattractive people to do job interviews and the unattractive people were more qualified for the job but most of the attractive people got the job instead
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think it also depends on where you are and who you are dealing with...like if they are pretty or not?? I mean, at my Walmart, they all love me lol well not everyone but I do have two cashiers that I always talk to but they are just "normal" like I am??

I am not pretty but I have confidance and don't really give a damn what others think? I am always treated well and seem to get what I want? if that makes since? it's all how you present yourself?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I always thought I was ugly,now you tell me after 50 years on earth I was pretty,because,I have a good paying job,a handsome DH.You learn something everyday,thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yeah i'm sure confidence plays BIG into it. and anon :11 i'm sure you are beautiful!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009