name drama

My husband has his heart set on the name "Evan" for our second child if we have a son... cute name, but our last name begins with Leven... so it completely rhymes. I do not like this. What can I do to try to disuade him from being set on this name that I do NOT like (at least with our last name).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if that's what he wants then try it out for a bit
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Maybe settle on it for a middle name? Or maybe he will change his mind, my hubby did alot. Or you could make a BIG list of names you like and give it to him to look over.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My son's father wanted our son's name to rhyme with my older son's. I said hell no lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my husband wanted a bunch of stupid names that i just didnt like i just kept fighting him and telling him i didnt like it now he has come to understand it's more my choice then his lol and whatever i pick is what he will go with im 8 months and still havent decided on a name but i knew it wasnt going to be what he wanted so just keep telling him you dont think thats a good name and come up with something better that you can both agree on and make sure to tell him your the one carrying the baby !! GL
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Try to talk him into doing it for a middle name. I didn't get the name I wanted, but it's my sons middle name and I guess I'm happy with that.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:19 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I'm Lindsey Lynn and I've never forgiven my mother for the laziness of picking something so redundant. You want a name to flow but come on. I was going to be Lindsey Lee but they didn't want name any of us after grandparents, so she settled for Lynn as my middle name. While my siblings lucked out: Travis Matthew, Zachary Garrett, Jordan Collin.. My mom admits she just ran out of ideas.. what eva! I'm not really bitter but I laugh out loud when people say, "really.. that's your middle name.."
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Well, I dont agree with PP post- It should be JUST as much the fathers choice as it is the mothers, unless your a single parent like myself. I would sit down and make a list of names, one list you like, one list he likes, and than see if anything matches up. Don't completely dismiss his opinions, and let him know not to do the same to your names, because he is so "set" on Evan- naming a baby should be mutual, after all it takes TWO people to make a baby-

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Tell him its just as much your choice and you both have to agree and you just dont like it. DH and I are having a hard time finding names we both agree on but we have a few!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2009