WHAT TO DO IF YOUR BABY IS CONSTIPATED ? &HOW TO DEAL WITH POSTPARTUM???

THIS IS A 2 FOLD QUESTION. FIRST,WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR BABY IS CONSTIPATED?? SECOND, HOW TO DEAL WITH POSTPARTUM? DAYS I'M OK AND SOME DAYS I'MA NERVOUS WREAK I HAVE A MAJOR ATTITUDE PROBLEM FOR NO REASON SOMETIMES I TRY TO CONTROL IT BUT IT STILL SOMETIMES GET OUT OF HAND ANY ADVISE ON HOW TO KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL??

NUMBER1MOMMIE

Asked by NUMBER1MOMMIE at 11:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh honey.. for me that was just the beginning. I felt like I was looking at the world through rose colored glasses the first few weeks after each child.. crying at commercials, thinking everything was beautiful.. due to the drop in hormones after pregnancy. Then the blues set in and the anxiety after I quit nursing. My husband talks about how hard I was.. edgy, emotional, defensive. I think it is such a tramtic thing for some of our bodies to go through. I have friends that were unfazed after pregnancy, but they are generally even keel people.. hormonally speaking. Not me. I have developed horrible allergies and sensitivities over the last 6 years since my sone was born.
    I just keep looking for answers and doing research. I would try to find natural supplements to help balance you back out, but you may never be the same. Give it time too.. you might come out free and clear in a few months.
    scout575

Answer by scout575 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR BABY IS CONSTIPATED??
    I rub my neice's belly in a counter clockwise motion with a little pressure (the baby will cry b/c its uncomfortable not to go to the bathroom) rube it for about 10 minutes (it helps the digestive system).My niece gets constipated alot and since she is so little, only 2 1/2 months, she can't take anything and this works everytime...
    you'll have to wait a little bit after you do this, but keep doing it every 15 minutes until the baby goes to the bathroom..
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• depnds on how old the baby is. if she is at least 4 months than you can give her some pear or prune juice. . maybe it's the formula if you aren't breastfeeding.
    are you sure its constipation? is it hard stools or just infrequent stools. if it is just infrequent then you shouldn't worry too much. if baby is havin hard time passing and they are hard then i would definetly change her diet slightly. there are a few other things you can do, but all depends on age.
    on the postpartum. that is a hard one for me. my second is 10 months and some days i have problems too. i think it's mostly a lack of sleep, combined with stress and husbands who don't listen. for me----i started working out regularly, taking fish oil, contineud my prenatals and try to eat healthy. most the time i feel better. but still, if i am not gettin enough sleep i do not do well at all. if you think you are dealing with postpartum depression,talk to your doc.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• but you also want to watch out b/c once u introduce the baby to fruit juices they wont go to veggies..they'll like that sweet taste
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• When my baby was too young to just drink juice or eat solids, I put a little apple or prune juice in her bottle mixed with formula. That helps them go and a little bit is all you need. Once they are old enough to eat you caN give them applesauce or pureed prunes. Applesauce is just the right stuff though, prunes might give the baby diahrea and you dont want that either
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• There's a couple different things you can do if baby is constipated. My daughter has gone through it a couple of times and it's really hard because they are so uncomfortable when they can't poop. My pediatrician suggested I give her a warm bath and use your finger to stimulate her anus, rub her belly in a clockwise motion, take her temperature (another way to stimulate things down there), or you can give her a little juice. I mixed 2 oz of juice w/ 2 oz water and that seems to help resolve it pretty quickly. It may take a combination of these things to help her go. By the way, it is a MYTH that if you give a baby fruit or juices before veggies that they won't take to vegetables. When I first gave my daughter baby food it was almost always fruit. I introduced one at a time and she likes both just fine. My pediatrician has told me the same thing. The most important thing about doing baby food is to do one at a time.
    tawny77

Answer by tawny77 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• for the Constipation you can massage your lil 1s belly down by there hips an the whole belly in a clock work circle, you can also move there legs up an don kinda in a running motion or push there legs up an down in a cericler motion it always helps my lil 1. an it a good bonding time as well.
    an for the postpartum it hard, u kinda have to go with the flow if it gets to bad u might want to talk to some 1 about it.
    dont keep it in that the worst u can do.
    tell people ur having a hard time with it an they should understand an be helpful with ur needs.
    redivy

Answer by redivy at 2:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2009