Okay, so I've had this problem for awhile but it happens so infrequently I never have really worried about it until tonight. It starts with pain surrounding my heart, almost the my veins and arteries are constricting and tightening around it and then I feel pain, like when I take a deep breath it hurts, like a sharp pain. Tonight after this happened, I felt dizzy and this has never happened before. I don't have pain anywhere else including down my arms. Does anyone know what is going on with me?

dazzledew

Asked by dazzledew at 11:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Health

• i would feel that sometimes but I described it as my lung. I dont know what it is but my whole family gets it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• you could have low blood pressure.
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• This has happened to me since I can remember. I've never gotten dizzy afterwards though. There is a medical term for it, which I can't recall, but it is very common.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• well i think i know what you are talking about i get it almost every other week , went to the cardiologist and they couldnt find anything wrong with my heart or anything. she told me it was muscleskeletal and if taking aleve, or tylenol would rid of it to keep taking it everyday its not harmful at all. like a regimen. anyway it may be stress or depression. or your cartilage is inflamed in which case still take aleve. i take it for three months then take two off. or you can just talk to your doc.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• This could be a heart attack. Women have heart attacks differently then men. You need to be evaluated. (It could be also a panic attack.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• That used to happen to me. The pain I experienced was on my left side on my rib cage. From what I was told, your heart is actually in the middle of your chest but your ventricles are on the left side which is why you feel the pumping on the left. What I do to get rid of mine is to pop my back. I put my hands on my back by my rib cage and push and push my chest forward. My back cracks and the pain goes away.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• And...you probably got dizzy because you weren't breathing correctly because you couldn't take a deep breathe.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 12:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Chostrochondritis.
    but any chest pain should be evaluated asap. Go to urgent care if you don't wanna go to an ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2009