My hospital bag includes.....Am I forgetting anything?

P.J pants/Top, Nursing gown/Pants& shirt/ 5 pairs of panties/ 4 baby outfits (diff sizes)/ A knited Hat & booties/ baby socks/ Towel/ 3 pairs of socks for me/ facewash/ brush/toothpaste&tooth brush/ Ipod/ carmrah & extra batteries/ ID/insurance card and there phone number/ hospital binder/ birth certificate paper work/ Bra & nursing pads/baby blanket/ Babies doctors phone number.
And a rear facing carseat.
Am I forgetting anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• More panties, u bleed alot.
    Shampoo conditioner and bodywash.
    Always pads.
    Pacifier? if u choose.
    Hair ties.
    Outfit to go home in and shoes.
    Make up? if u wear it
    Slippers.
    Swaddle Blankets.
    Scratch Mittens.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• they told me to bring an address book b/c sometimes ur phone wont work in the hospital and they will charge u to make long distance phone calls (for after the baby's born)
    and also..ur going to want to bring something to do..
    I'm bringing my laptop and a book, b/c u still have to be in there 24 hours after the baby's born...
    and if ur DH/SO is going bring a bag for him and money for the vending machines(b/c hospital food SUCKS!!!) and bring something for him to do, and a pillow for you one that u can use after birth, and a warm blanket b/c it gets really cold
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Bring old crappy maternity underwear. Do not take nice ones. There is going to be a lot of blood afterwards. The hospital had these mesh undies and they were fantastic. Slippers are nice to have. If your hair has any length, throw in some hair ties. If you can find an old Boppy pillow, those are nice to sit on after birth since hospital pillows suck and you do not want to bleed on your nice pillows. I would bring at least 1 of your regular pillows. You wouldnt believe how fantastic that feels, to have a bit of a comfort item from home. Do not forget deoderant. Throw some snacks in as well, you will want them after baby is here. Shampoo is a nice thing to have as well. I took a shower the next day and it felt FANTASTIC. I really can not think of much else. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i would definetly include slippers, a robe!
    the underwear thing is a good idea, but at my hospital they gave me disposable underwear that were kind of like a netty material, which were extremely comfy &convenient for the pads and everything. especially because of the bleeding afterwards.. (not to scare you!)
    i even took some home! lol!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• oh yes, bring snacks! &drinks,,they can add up!
    the hospital will deliver food to you-but u may not be able to eat it at the time because of company or how u feel..
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• bring some snacks
    i brought plenty of panties, but did not use them b/c the disposable netty underwear was sooo comfortable.
    i brought my laptop for when baby was sleeping i could play some games and stuff.
    magazines
    plenty of pads
    a nice going home outfit for you and baby
    pacifier (if you want to use them) but make sure if you do to get some little ones b/c baby will gag on them since they are still so small
    someone mentioned how great the shower felt the next day ... and i can second that statement. the shower was sooooo wonderful b/c of the stitches. the warm water felt wonderful and eased the pain a lot.
    bring cell phone and charger if you have one. that's what i mostly used to call everyone until i dropped my cell phone and it broke, then i had to use the hospital phone.
    deoderant shampoo conditioner phone numbers
    Good Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:43 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• snacks snacks snacks! i was starving all the time after i had my son and the hospital only delivers your meals in a certain time frame, it didn't help that my husband was deployed so i was by myself and couldn't ask him to run to the vending machines. shampoo/conditioner, makeup (if you are a big have to look nice kinda person), books/magazines a laptop something to do if you aren't asleep. $ for snacks, the gift shop (especially if your hubby is like mine for my first he went down and bought like 10 balloons, a teddy bear, a door sign, bubble gum cigars and flowers i was like wow thanks hun but wow) and for pictures (most hospitals do babies first pic and print them right there for you as long as you pay then)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• nail clippers, your baby's nails might be long and newborn tend to scratch thier faces

baby book, you can fill it in after they are born and get their foot prints put in

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• To be honest, I wore only hospital gowns and the crappy gauze underwear in the hospital. That way I didn't ruin anything I had. If you want to wear it go ahead. But you won't be there long enough to "change" and be pretty for guests. They don't expect you to and if you are there for more than 24 hours, you will be more comfortable in the gowns. Just my experience.
    Bring money for DH.

When the baby is born they will give you stuff in the baby's bed. TAKE IT ALL HOME WITH YOU. For sanitary purposes even if you don't use it, it will be discarded. If you want formula ASK FOR SAMPLES. They give it away.

Other then that your list looks great.
    ASK your HUBBY if he has plans for a gift for you. (Start that tradition now.) LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• chapstick for during labor. all that breathing will dry out your lips! Perhaps a cd to play your own music. I think most hospitals have a cd player. Diaper to bring baby home in too. Do you have a birth plan to bring? If so that is a good idea. Then they know how to take care of you with less talking about it when you need to focus on other things. Best wishes!
    jannstar

Answer by jannstar at 1:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2009