Did I over react?

Ok so my DH and I just got into a huge fight because he went into the kids room with his belt. I didnt know if he was actually going to use it on them or not to i called him out of the room. He screamed at me that it was just a threat and i screamed back that i didnt know that and that i wasnt going to allow him to use a belt on the kids. He then hollered that i didnt trust him with the kids. He is constantly making poor parenting choices so of course i thought this might have been one of them.
Did i over react to this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Not at all! You did what you thought was right for the situation and just in case, you pulled him out if he was angry enough to actually use it!
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 11:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i don't think you were wrong. you were looking out for the safety of your children. good job mama
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I think I would have done the same thing! ...My husband and I are the same...we arent on the same page when it comes to parenting. Its sooo frustrating sometimes...he thinks I baby him too much..arrrggghhhh!
    sharyn1983

Answer by sharyn1983 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• not at all - regardless of his intentions, you have those super protective mommy instincts, (me too). i get where hes coming from, but he should have let ya know!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• No u were right! I would be furious I get mad when hubby shouts unnecessarily
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Samanthao2006

Thats what bothered me the most! He didnt clue me in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• no in our house i do the spanking i yell at my husband or give him a nasty look when i see him swat them.
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i think you were totally in the right!weither he was going to use it or just threatening, to me personally i feel either was inappropriate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No. You were protecting your children. Discuss this further with him.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would have done the exact same thing. Your first thought of course was that he was going to use it!! You were protecting your children just as you should have.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 12:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2009