Do you sell or donate your childrens old clothes? If you sell them do you think it's worth it?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 11:35 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I donated a bunch of my daughter's old clothes to a pregnant woman. It felt nice helping someone else, especially in this economy.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Selling them has always seemed like maybe more work then what I would get out of it. So if I know someone (other mom friends) that might be able to use them I give to them. Or what can't be given to friends I send to Salvation Army (www.satruck.org).
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 11:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i save then and give them away when i know someone who is having a baby. Just the 1st year tho casue i think thats when kids go thu the most clothes and it help for to have someone give you some clothes to help out. Before after that i would give them to stores that sell used clothes. now i have another boy so i keep the ones i really like and give the rest away to the store.
    mammaboyz113

Answer by mammaboyz113 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I give my son's clothes to friends who have boys smaller than my son and needs the clothes. It just isn't worth it to sell them. I have donated some to Goodwill or tried to sell in a rummage sale.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• i give them away to friends if i can. if not i save the ones i really loved for them to have when they are older (i plan on making their first babies quilts out of their baby clothes so i save something each year), i throw out the really stained tore up stuff, i've sold some stuff on craigslist (mostly newborn type stuff since they only wear it for a few months) the rest i donate to goodwill. it really just depends on what it is.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I donate them or pass them along to someone I know who has kids that they can wear them.
    mistyDaze76

Answer by mistyDaze76 at 12:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If I know someone that has a kid in the right age range, I'll go through and give them the better ones. i don't give them the stained or worn ones. But, otherwise, and most the time, I just go through the dressers about every 3 - 6 months and take them to the thrift store. Someone could always use them. If they are too bad, I don't though.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2009