I noticed my daughter who is 2 likes to keep her door closed to her room when she's not in there??? I think it's cute that maybe she doesn't want anyone in there... what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Maybe, my 22 month old daughter will not leave her room without making her bed. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My daughter does this too. She also makes sure the bathroom doors are shut and our bedroom door is shut. I'm not sure why they do this?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• yea my son use to do that now hes 7 and alwayz closes his door when he in it or not so no one goes in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• mine does the same thing, but she does it b/c she doesn't want the animals in her room. so she runs around shutting all the doors upstairs to keep the animals out of them, which i always have to go upstairs after she comes down and open our bedroom door again b/c the cat always ends up being locked in there.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• They learn in school that it is a fire safety precaution. Did she watch something on tv?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My girls share a room and most of their toys are in there, so they run in and out all day long, but she does like the bathroom door shut when she's on her potty! LOL
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It could be either a fascination with how doors open and close, OR mommy and daddy keep their bedroom door closed so she takes this as an example. I dunno. Or it could be one of those quirks, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2009