Have you read the health care bill?

Have read through the health care bill? (I mean actually read it...not just relied on what you see on TV or hear on the radio)

What do you think of it?

What part do you like or dislike the most?

If you've only read through part of it so far (after all it is around a 1000 pages!!)...

What parts have you read?

So far what do you like or dislike about it?

IF YOU HAVE NOT READ IT...WHY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I read it over the weekend, which means I need to read it again. It was missing pieces, and is still being written.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have read it. They will make many more changes to make sure we all are in a state of confusion so when this passes we won't know what hits us. I find it amusing this is so urgent but it will be a good 2-3 years before this is even implemented. Seems if they really wanted to fix things this would be implemented right away. So to me this is about getting this passed while the Congress is Democrat ran. The people will forget about it like they do almost everything. Then get Obama reelected then let the people see the real damage this thing will do to our country. I will continue to read updates and stay informed. Since we no longer have journalists that report facts it is really tough to know what is real and not real anymore. I feel for my son if this passes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I really want to but can't pull it up on my blackberry.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've read through large parts of it. My main complaint is it's too all-encompassing. If it was ONLY about providing health care to the uninsured/under-insured, I'd support it. Instead, it forms committees to oversee hundreds of things that have nothing to do with the uninsured. It forms grants, education programs, oversight committees, and other things that need to be funded year after year, whether they are effective or not.  A simple system that only paid for health care, with REAL choices, would be best.  No need to tear down and muck up health care with rules and regulations.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• All I can say is WHY does Obama need such an all encompasing health care bill to CUT COSTS?! If he wants to cut Medicare and social program costs...just do it already, deal with the fall out and leave the rest of us alone!

Or why not take care of the 10 MILLION who TRULY do not have health insurance (not the 37 million who simply haven't enrolled because they don't need it or didn't know they were eligible!) instead of blowing up a system that 77% of Americans who have health insurance are satisfied with?!?!?

Answer: Because it's all just a big ol' power grab!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would need a lawyer to help me sift through the B.S. and I can't afford one right now, so it'll have to wait. When I can afford one, I'll divide it amongst my family to help me read it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would love to read it but don't know where to find a copy. Can someone post a link or tell me to go to find it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I also want a link. I am going to continue searching.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 23, 2009