What are your best teething tips?

missfeatherlove

Asked by missfeatherlove at 2:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depending on your munchkin's age-motrin/tylenol if the little one has some discomfort. Frozen ice pops, frozen gogurt (yogurt in a tube), cold grapes & oranges, refridgerated teething rings (I don't like them frozen as they seem to be a little too hard on their gums). If it's really really bad-discuss it with your pediatrician. My first born would get an ear infection from all the sinuses moving around from the new teeth. Her painful cries were due more to the infection than from the teething. Follow your instincts and use good common sense & you both will eventually get through it! Good Luck!
    CraftyMNmom

Answer by CraftyMNmom at 2:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• hi-land teething tabs and an (real) baltic amber teething necklace! they do work
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 3:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Not neccessarily for the 'teething' aspect of it, but they drool a LOT, the cute little cloth bibs are good to keep on them so they don't soak their shirts. Ya know, the adorable bibs that you look at and think "Why would I want my kid to make a mess on such a cute bib, I'm not feeding her carrots in that!! :)
    MissAndrea125

Answer by MissAndrea125 at 4:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I've ALWAYS used Oragel and it's hard to actually get on the gums because it's almost impossible to rub on, but when you do get it on the right spot...it works!
    jentro90

Answer by jentro90 at 5:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• popcycles, when my youngest was teething really bad he would chew on water bottle caps. Before anyone freaks out, they were never opened so the safety seal was still intact, he never choked. But really I think the ridges really helped, you could see him bite hard and twist it around.
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 5:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• you could also let him chew on a baby tooth brush
    dstny1998

Answer by dstny1998 at 5:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• give them a tooth brush it helps the teeth brake though quicker it also get them used to havin a tooth brush in their mouth
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 11:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• When a baby is teething, the reason why it hurts, b/c there's a sharp object coming through a VERY swollen gum. Once you get that gum to go down, the teeth will burst through much faster. A frozen waffle, a frozen washcloth, anything you can think of. If you have a mesh bag feeder, put a cube of ice in it, it was a fav. of my son.

Orajel only helps for a little while, baby drools so much ,that the medicine comes right out with it.

Hylands tablets work wonders for some babies. They are homeopathic, made natural ingridients such as chammomile, they don't help the tooth at all whatsoever, insetead it helps the irritability and crankiness, from the "inside out" by calming baby...
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2008