Is there a good web site to check school ratings for pre-k and elementary schools?

My son is 4 1/2. He did 1 year of pre-school already and misses the cut off date for kindergarden this year. His first year of pre-school he did with his dad in Littleton, Co. This year I want him to go in Ft. Collins where we now live with my fiance. Is there a site somewhere that has good information about curriculum and school ratings ?

vic2452

Asked by vic2452 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you can contact your state department of education and check on the schools level of education, you can check with other parents, go visit the schools and see what environment you think will be the best learning style for your child... if you are going to pay them set a check list and review it with the director, you and your child have a right to a good educational experience .... good luck
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Some real estate sites have links. There is no academic advantage for sending a child so young to school. Studies done when children are older have shown that children who start school early do not do better and may do worse than children who start school later. Many boys aren't ready to start school until they are 6 or even 7.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• www.greatschools.org (I think it's org, it may be .com)
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2009