Vasectomy

Does anything think it is possible after 7 years for it to reverse or soemthing? Is it possible to get pregnant that long after having that done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Umm..after 14 years after having this done, I ended up preggo! I'll tell ya, it was pretty tense at our house for about 3 weeks. I made him go get tested. His "swimmers" are doing just fine and our son is very healthy and active!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 12:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Not usually now days. It is supposed to be done where a large section of the tube that carries the semen in removed, tied off, AND burned. This is something that should have been explained before it was done. Believe me, doctors do NOT want to pay for unwanted babies.

Traxx

Answer by Traxx at 12:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Unwanted babies!!!
    The problem is that if I am pregnant, we WANT the baby!! It is just that it was 7 years since my husband had a V and I am not sure if the standards then are the same as now!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It usually isn't possible and usually not covered by insurance. Be a lot cheaper and easier to get sperm someplace else. Husband's brother? Sperm bank?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 12:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Actually my friend has one they thought his wife was prego and he freaked. The doc informed him that any time after 3yrs it may feverse its self. So he was happy that she didn't cheat however she wasn't prego so now their sad. But yes it can it's not a high chance but the body sometimes does repair itself.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've heard that it works. I'm having a tubal ligation in a few years, and I have faith that it will work. There's groups on CM for tubal/vasectomy reversals & they have pics of the kids that they had after the reversals.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2009