Bitter about money...

We are living on a very tight budget, I know most people are these days. But I look around me, and I cant figure out how the hell people afford the crap they have, plus go on 5,000 dollar vacations every summer! When I hear someone say they are going on a trip, or buying something expensive--I want to say,"With what money??" Mind you, these arent rich people or people who save. This probably sounds crazy I know, but I find myself getting very bitter at people who buy all they want, and go all they want! Anyone else feel this way??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes. I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• For example. My sister in law said that she has to cut back on spending. So they are only going on two vacations this year. OMG. Seriously?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• we're the same way. i think credit cards play a big part in some of it, some people don't pay their cards off each month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Just because you don't have money, doesn't mean others don't. Why worry about how others manage to pay for their vacations & purchases. If you can't afford it, that's all you need to worry about. Other people aren't all concerned because you don't go on vacations, or can't afford to buy things, why worry about how they're doing it.

My husband makes $8000.00 ~ $10,000.00 a month and we could do whatever we want, but I would hate to think someone was analyzing our lifestyle & all concerned over how we can afford things. That's just creepy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• We are not struggling just bought a new house this week. We bought all new furniture for it and in three weeks my husband and I will be going on a 2 week cruise. My husband makes a decent living but we are not rich. We are big savers and save for vacations. We saved for our home and the new furniture for years. I am so content with my life that what others do is not really something I dwell on. I am happy for my friends and family that do better than us one less person in my life I worry about. My sister just took a 6 month trip with her family around the world. They homeschool the kids learned so many things. It cost a bundle since they went first class. Her husband makes well over 1 million a year as a business owner. They have a 9 bedroom 11 bath mansion with three pools and full basketball court. I am so proud of my sister we came from nothing many times went hungry and cold. Life is too short to be mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Well, it depends on the situation, doesn't it? For someone who has more money, cutting back to two vacations IS saving money. For them. We're not struggling, either. We save for what we want and pay off our credit cards every month.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter and see how great your life is.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:09 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I go on a vacation too but it's to my mom and dad's house. I still spend about $300 but I have money saved. We live on a tight budget too and I say $5.00 here and there. I do run a home business and I save that income which is great for my vacations but it's still not a 5K vacation. Some people act more poor than they are so that they can do this stuff PLUS some people save there tax returns in order to do stuff.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 5:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009