I would like opinions on the t.v. show Toddlers and Tiara's

I would just like to know what everyone thinks about this show, personally I think it is awful what they put those poor babies through just for the chance of the parents winning money and a crown that will just collect dust! I think they are exploiting these children and it is wrong!

jayden_smama

Asked by jayden_smama at 12:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• extortion! i do not agree with that show at all. some of the things those parents say to their children makes me want to cry.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think the parents should be shot. That is not how a child should grow up. No matter how much they "like it". They would like to eat ice cream 24/7 but that doesn't make it good for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i think its sick and the parents are obsessed sickos, let kids be kids, not trashy little grown ups
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think it's foolishness - just another reality tv moneymaker. It's not good for the kids.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Never interested enough to watch.
    thegbogles

Answer by thegbogles at 10:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• there is nothing wrong with child beauty pageants Its the parents that take it to far the stage moms, and this show does not show pageantry in a good light thanks to editing and stupid parents. My dd is 2 and has been doing natural pageants since she was born. She does love them and there is nothing sick about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree with the anonymous poster it is the parents that cause the trouble, if the CHILD enjoys the pageants then that is fine, The part that I HATE is when they are not judged by the child's looks, but by the hair pieces and make up and fake eyelashes and fingernails. that is where it is WRONG IN MY BOOK WHY do people want their children to grow up so fast? I think it looks so trashy to see a toddler in make-up except maybe at Halloween time. even then I would never consider putting make- up on my daughter(if I had one lol)
    jayden_smama

Answer by jayden_smama at 4:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree with jayden_smama. I saw one episode that had this super adorable 7 year old putting in false teeth so she wouldn't have a gap where her front teeth had fallen out. How sad that the natural order of life is not rewarded and applauded. I hope the kids are doing the pagents because they want to. And why are the prizes a new car or a cruise and weird stuff like that. it's good when it's saving bonds and collage scholar ships.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 10:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think it is weird. Like that is a lot of on kids and it (9time out of 10) the mothers idea. To much pressure on kids. It may be cool later (still not sure obut it then) but at least by that point it is the child realy wanting to do the pagent.

Has anyone noticed that all the mothers are either out of shapre women or super skinny mothers?????? No aveage normal sized mom would put her kid through that kinda torture and judgement before middle and high school.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2009