Gnats!!!!!!!!

How do you get rid of gnats? The little creeps are everywhere. I have removed every possible source and they are still around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• set out a bowl of honey they will be attracted to it. however get stuck and cant get out
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Put out containers of vinegar with a top or lid on them with a few small holes poked in. They are attracted to the vinegar but can't get out. You'll find which container has the most bugs in it and have a better idea where they are coming from. They could be drain flies- they live on the gunk inside the drain. Put drain cleaner, or baking soda followed by vinegar, in every drain. I scrub the insides of the drains with bottle or other brushes- something long enough to get down to the water line. I found that when I repotted a plant that there must have been gnats in the potting soil. I sprayed with an insecticide and they are gone, but I should have gotten new soil and re-repotted.

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2009