poo in the undies...

with potty training .. my son wears undies all day when we are home, pull-ups when we go out and diapers at night, how can i eliminate some of these? and also my son will run to potty by himself sometimes and jump up there by himself and potty by himself and then yell for me, when i get in there he's sitting on the potty in his underwear full of poo.. (i of course would go in there with him if i see him run off but sometimes i don't see it) he just turned 2 on july 11th, so he still doesn't take any of his clothes off by himself or put any on by himself.. how do i start getting him to atleast pull his underwear down...

RykersMom07

Asked by RykersMom07 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like your doing everything right - for a boy, he is young to be so well trained as he is...so give yourself a pat on the back for that.

To go out I would start with just small outings without pull ups. Just a walk in your neighborhood and go from there. I just purchased one of those fold-up seats and a travel potty for the car to make going out easier.

As far as the undies go. You could make sure they're loose enough on the waste for him to easily pull down...and maybe just take some time to practice pulling them up and down with him. Try to make it a game or song, or something he'll think is fun.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• take him to a stripclub.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 12:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yeah, thanks that helps...
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Let him run around the house in undies & a t-shirt. That way he doesn't have to fight with shorts or pants. A few days or even a couple weeks of this & he should have the undies mastered. Then move on to shorts that are really easy to get on & off (elastic waists--no buttons or zippers or snaps & definitely no overalls!!).

I would start eliminating the pull-ups when you go out. This is going to take very careful planning on your part. Know where the bathrooms are in every place that you are going & visit them often. Start with short trips & have him go potty before you leave. Then plan your trip around bathroom stops. I know public restrooms are totally gross so pack the hand sanitizer & you might want to consider one of those fold-up, portable potty seats. They also make disposable seat covers that come in diaper bag sized packs.

And remember, for a boy, 2 is really young to have this mastered. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol chill out, i was joking.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 1:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It might be too soon for him. And trading back and forth b/w underwear, pull-ups and diapers may be confusing him. I found the pull-ups to be more hurt than help with my son. You might just let him chill for a couple of months and try again.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• he goes to the potty just fine and doing really well with it, he just doesn't pull his own undies down, i always have to be with him, the only time he has accidents is if i don't hear him tell me or he goes on his own and he's always on the pot, but always wearing his undies... the reason for diapers at night and naps is sometimes he wets in his sleep and sometimes he don't, so i dont want him to soak the bed and wake himself up.. when we r out and about i still take him to potty even though he's wearing a pull up it's just incase.. at home no pants just tshirt and undies..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• He is ready, just not getting each step. No biggie. Be really vigilant for a few days and make sure you make a big deal about pulling undies down. For out, I put underwear under the pull up. Feels the same. It makes my job messier, but it helps.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2009