Drinking. This might make me sound bad.

So tonight is Friday. I've worked all week long and have a 5 mos. old who now takes formula and breastmilk. Well, I had two beers and I really wanted another. Before I had a kid I used to go out a lot and drink for fun. I really wanted another beer (we were out) so I was going to get one, but my DH sort of threw a fit and wouldn't let me! Am I wrong for wanting another? Now that I"m a mom am I really not allowed to get a buzz? I"m a great mom, she was asleep and sleeps through the night. Am I just being selfish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nah get drunk for me please
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I don't think so. I don't feel like three beers is out of control at all, but I"m drinking right now so maybe I'm not the right person to answer this?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:42 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No, I don't think you were being selfish. Why couldn't DH not drink and let you have your fun for one night? My DD's father isnt in the picture, but since DD was born I have been out MAYBE 2 times and I had my drinks. No one made me feel bad about it (except myself). I enjoyed myself. I think it's necessary to have your fun as long as your daughter is asleep and someone is sober to watch her in case she gets up.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you have someone sober to care for the baby and something for the baby to eat then it's ok once in a while. It's not ok if it means the baby will be given formula.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• That's the thing, he wasn't even drinking! We were just at home and he wasn't having any (he's not a big drinker). I haven't been buzzed since she's been born!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No girl, do your thing! I do because that is how I unwind from the day.
    poshshaw

Answer by poshshaw at 12:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• no way!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ...no way are you being selfish i meant LOL
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Next time you plan on drinking, make sure you have plenty to get a damn good drunk going because your SO needs to get a clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If he wasn't drinking then what was the problem? I'm not understanding his point. It is ok to give baby formula if the baby is used to that. If baby was strictly on breastmilk I would think it would be wrong, but OP said baby is taking both so there is no big deal. Have your fun mama. We all need to do something "normal" once in a while to wind down. I know the other day when I went out for some drinks, it felt great to just hang out with my friends.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2009