how much would you charge?...

I have a bumbo chair in tourguoise blue(boy or girl use) and the tray. It was only used 2 times, and is in mint condition. I am selling it tomorrow at a yard sale, how much should I put on it? Is $20 to much? thanks!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 1:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A friend of mine just bought a used bumbo chair and two covers for $5, but she knew she got a good deal. I would put it up for $20 and if somebody really wants it but doesn't want to pay the price they may try to talk you down?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I dont know what it is, but it sounds cool and I'd pay $20 for it, sell it to me...
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't buy that at a yard sale for $20. I'd say $10 at the very most and be prepared to be talked down.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• mark it for $20 but be prepared to go lower, i wouldn't pay that much for one at a yard sale, i wouldn't pay more than $15 at a yard sale. but the point of yard sales is for people to try and talk you down, so mark higher than you want.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Whether it's used or new, no one at a yard sale gives a crap. They're yard saling for super duper cheap prices. If you're wanting to get your money's worth out of your items, then having a yard sale is not for you. You could put it on Craigslist or Ebay. Now, if you're just wanting to get rid of your stuff, and don't care how much you make, then have a yard sale. But always be prepared to be talked down. Way down.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree, you should put it on Craigslist.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Yard-salers are cheap. Try ebay or craigslist. People are usually willing to pay more at those sites. My mind set at yard sales and thrift stores is super super cheap.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree! I am very offended by it. I was just in the process of saying something about it! That is very racist! I am not a Jew and am offended by it! Very inappropriate!
    Dmajsmommy9396

Answer by Dmajsmommy9396 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I am guessing she just meant 'chew' you down and she didn't know anyone would be offended. Why do people always assume that someone is trying to be offensive? Like everyones goal in life is to get on CM and call racist names. Sheesh! I could be wrong, but I don't think she meant anything.

BTW...I don't think $20 is too much if it has only been used twice and still has its tray. I would buy it from you if I lived close. I want to buy one for our next child and that is the color I want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I must of missed something, as I see nothing about the phase "jewing you down"...I happen to be half jewish and it doesnt bug me. My sil says I am a bigger jewish princess than some of the family who are fully jewish lol.
    relax it prolly was not meant intentionally. :o)
    Yanno I do think too that 20 at a yard sale might not sell, BUT BUT BUT the way the economy is now, and the rea I live in I see prices much crazier than that. So I think I will try it and then go from there. thanks ladies!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2009