what can i do to get them to shut up??

first it was my boyfriends sister then my best friend than my parents all saying having this baby is going to be too hard for me i dont know what im getting into and im not going to be able to handle it... ok let me give you a backround check on them sister in law doesnt even have kids she just always talks like shes better best friend is on her second kid but she is so irrisponsible i wonder why she has them and parents... drugs and stuff dont make you the best people in the world who are they to judge me colse people to me just cant lay off... im 18 been with my boyfriend for 3 years he works hard and takes really good care of me we dont do anything bad and we live all around it.. we are buying a house and i good neighborhood and are the least selfsish and most responsible people i know i mean im 18 he is 19 were having a kid buying a home settling down why do they still talk???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe their jealous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I have the same problem with people at my church and the only thing you can do is proove them wrong!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• who cares what they say..just worry about you and that baby..show em up! i say your responsible enough for keeping the baby and taking care of your responsibilities, since your bf works and your about to have a house..kudos to you..if they cant support you, then you dont need them..i know thats hard since it is your parents no matter what. good luck and congrats!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It sounds to me like you have everything under control and can handle taking care of your child. So like Alysia said, prove them wrong. Ignore them because they sound jealous.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It doesn't sound like you have the best of influential people around you and they don't have a leg to stand on to be giving out advice. However, 18 is very young to have a baby AND to own a home ESPECIALLY owning a home with someone you are not married to. There are many legal aspects to homeownership...in fact, if you split up, it is easier to make legal arrangements for a baby than it is for a home. Do you know the difference between a fixed rate and an adjustable rate? Do you know what PITI means? Is the house located in a homeowner's association? Do you know what your taxes will be? Your APR?
    Regarding the baby, I'm not too sure how much your (or any) 19 year old makes in salary but I am seriously doubting it's enough to support you, a baby, him, diapers, food, medical care, wipes, clothes, gas, car insurance, MORTGAGE, home insurance, car repairs, home repairs, utilities, child care, etc. PLEASE consider all this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You sound just like me. I'm 18, boyfriend is 21. I am very responsible, did very good in high school. I will be going to college, majoring in law and political science. Boyfriend is 21, going into his 3rd year of college, engineering. He's working his way up at work, making $16 an hour. He works lots of overtime so that he can give the baby and I everything we need.

My parent's and friends all thing I've "ruined" my life. I just want them to shut up also. What I've found though is that, no matter what..they are going to talk. Just ignore it and keep doing what you're doing. Make them feel stupid. Do your best and when you are extremely successful...they will feel like idiots! Don't let them get to youu
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:07 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• his mom is one of the top people at her bank and we are getting a loan from her to hepl out and if we are stuck in any situation his dad is more than willing to help i mean he wants to buy it for us but we want o try to do things on our own its nice knowing we have them there for us though and he makes decent money the house here are cheap and we will have help because my parents are moving in with us till they get on there own feet i do get alond with my parents i am able to spend everyday with them but this seems to be coming out of everyones mouth... but we wouldnt be doing this if we werent educated in it or else we wouldnt think twice about it we are at least trying
    wickedclownmomi

Answer by wickedclownmomi at 2:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ignore them.
    my aunt tries to tell me I won't be able to handle it and all that shit.. I just went off on her. I just bitched and said I'll listen to your advice WHEN you fucking have kids.
    my parents tells me it's going to be hard but I can get through it.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 4:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009