What's going on inside my mouth?

Ok, so a couple years ago I went to the dentist and he said I had a gum disease or something . He gave me special toothepaste and later on said it was fine. The problem is, I think it's come back or something. It seems like my gum line is receeding. And when I touch them, it hurts. I have invisaligns and my orthodontist never says anything about my gums, but it seems like a problem to me. You think I should go to a gum specialist?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• your dentist will have to refer u first if you want ur ins. to cover it. go to the dental offica and ask for a referral
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My insurance doesn't do that. I can just go and get it done.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would DEFINITLY go to a gum doctor. They are called peridontists btw. Usually gum disease is caught in a later stage, sometimes too late to save the teeth, but the peridontist I worked for did bone grafts and tissue grafts. Get it checked out asap, because it doesn't matter how great your teeth are, if your gums are shot, you WILL lose them all.
    2PreemieGirls

Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 2:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009