Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on inside my mouth?

Ok, so a couple years ago I went to the dentist and he said I had a gum disease or something . He gave me special toothepaste and later on said it was fine. The problem is, I think it's come back or something. It seems like my gum line is receeding. And when I touch them, it hurts. I have invisaligns and my orthodontist never says anything about my gums, but it seems like a problem to me. You think I should go to a gum specialist?

Answer Question

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 14 (1,621 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • your dentist will have to refer u first if you want ur ins. to cover it. go to the dental offica and ask for a referral

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

  • My insurance doesn't do that. I can just go and get it done.

    Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

  • I would DEFINITLY go to a gum doctor. They are called peridontists btw. Usually gum disease is caught in a later stage, sometimes too late to save the teeth, but the peridontist I worked for did bone grafts and tissue grafts. Get it checked out asap, because it doesn't matter how great your teeth are, if your gums are shot, you WILL lose them all.

    Answer by 2PreemieGirls at 2:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.