An odor....sorry, TMI....sensitive subject

So, I am sort of embarrassed by this, hence the anon posting, but I've noticed that I sometimes have.....and odor down there. I guess I first really realized it when I had to check the strings on my IUD, to make sure that they were still in place. Then, a long time after, I was talking with my husband about oral sex and why he never does it. He kind of hinted that he didn't like to, but I could tell that it was something more than that. So, I out right asked him. He said, yeah, sometimes it was a weird odor. I have tried using douches, but really, they are gross to me and I feel like a leaky sink afterward or maybe I don't do it right. Do you have advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Health

• Do you shave? I know that when I have hair between my legs, the odor comes quicker then if I don't. I'm not saying that you should shave completely, but the area outside of your "lips" I think it's called the labia...but I'm not sure that's the name. Otherwise, I would stay away from douches because they upset your natural acidity that is suppose to be there.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Are you by any chance red-headed? I've always heard that red heads are slightly more stinkyer down there. I'm just wondering if it's true.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Some women naturally have an 'odor' down there. I would talk to your OB about it. It could be nothing, but then it could be something.

and anon 10:08 don't be rude. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've come to notice that a certain anon has said many things about redheads lately. I'm a redhead and I don't have an odor down there, unless it's that time of the month.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Nope...don't shave. Not a red-head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Could be an S.T.D... chlamydia.. probably spelled wrong, but i heard that it can make you smell and that is like the only side effect, so i would get tested if i were you...
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 3:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No STD's. ....I've never had one and never cheated, neither has my husband....cheated or had an STD. I've got an appt next week, just an overall check up, but I just really don't like saying, "Oh, and I smell" I don't know...thanks girls!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• a bacterial infection can make you smell down there. you shouldnt use douches because they can actually give you an infection. google bacterial vaginosis and see if the symptoms are what you are experiencing.

aguerra13

Answer by aguerra13 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009