Not Feminine Enough?

What is considered feminine enough to be straight? A person recently made a remark that if a woman does not wear makeup and isn’t decked out in dressy ruffles and frills then she has masculine traits, which means she’s a homosexual. Is a woman who wears denim jeans, wears no makeup, no jewelry, and prefers motorcycle boots to pumps womanly * or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Masculine traits do not mean a woman is homosexual. You can be femine and still be lesbian as well as straight and have interest in masculine aspects.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Are we still answering this question in 2009? Women (straight or gay) can dress however they like. (well maybe expect the ruffles--that's just WRONG!!! LOL) :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• it was a misunderstanding of words on your part.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Didn't ruffles go out in the 70's? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Feminine is being a woman whether she wears nothing at all
    wears frills and lace
    wears make-up or not
    wears boots, heels, sandals or barefoot.
    Pants, dresses or shorts.
    Long hair or short
    A feminine woman is a woman that is comfortable in her own skin and good with being just what she is ...a woman.
    There are women that have muscles...I do and I am not a homosexual.
    I look good on my husband's arm of 34 years.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 3:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Hogwash.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• wow I do not wear makeup everyday and I wear jeans and a t shirt sometimes and ruffles OI no thanks I am not frilly frilly but I am a woman.. hear me roar ( LOL I couldnt resist .. old old song btw for you youngins) and I am comfortable being one and can dress however I want .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Feminine can mean a lot of things. I'm feminine in the sense that I care about people, I am nurturing, I like to bake and cook and stuff, I enjoy working with kids, etc. But I tend to do these things in t-shirts, shorts, barefoot or sandals (not the high heeled, fancy kind).

I can do my makeup, hair, etc. I can wear a dress, walk in high heels, etc. I'm also comfortable in hiking boots, no makeup and haven't showered all weekend as I'm roughing it camping in the woods.

I am a SAHM, and have been for 16 years. I'm also a Navy Vet.

I am not a homosexual, and have been in a married, hetero relationship for 17 yrs.

In short, I'm not a stereotype, I'm an individual, and I'm smart enough to know that no one personality trait (other than, say, having sexual thoughts or intercourse with the same sex) does or does not make you gay or straight.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• cont -

btw - my sister doesn't own a dress and works in a steel mill. She rarely (like maybe a couple of times a year) wears makeup. She has 2 sons who are into sports and all sorts of so called "boy stuff" that she does with them (she was a single mom for years). A couple of years ago, she re-married.

She is not gay, either, though by your definition she should be. But a good friend of my other sister, who, btw, makes Barbie look macho, is gay. So whoever you're talking to that's telling you this stuff needs to stop stereotyping people and start talking to them, because I think if they opened their minds they might be surprised to see how wrong they are.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:09 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol - sorry - I should say the gay friend makes barbie look macho, not my sister. She calls herself "a lipstick lesbian" and thinks it's a riot.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2009