Do you RSVP to parties? Or am I just freaking out over nothing?

If they say RSVP do you? Im scared cuz I invited 80 people to my baby shower and only 3 have RSVP. AND ITS NEXT SATURDAY! how many do I plan for? Do you always RSVP? Is this normal?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG I ALWAYS do because i know that NO ONE does.. this is aweful.. just plan for the ones that you think will come and if you don't have enough then tell them welp, you should have rsvp... i had this problem with my wedding i invited 250 and noone rsvp and i ordered steak, chicken, all kinds of crap for 200 people just to be safe and then only 75 to 100 showed.. wasted alot of food, money, china, just everything.. it was aweful.. and now i have that problem with my sons birthday parties.. i always over doit and have way too much left over cause people are too busy to make 1 little phone call or hey even a text would work..
    RykersMom07

Answer by RykersMom07 at 2:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I ALWAYS do, but I just had a baby shower for a friend of mine and she invited about 40 people and only 4 rsvped to me and about 31 showed up. We knew for sure 5 weren't going to show up, because they lived too far away. The people who showed up she knew would, because she only invited close family and close friends so we planned for about 35. I asked why nobody rsvped and some told me that they only thought they had to if they weren't coming?? Hope that helps.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:35 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Most people don't RSVP. I usually do but sometimes time just gets away from you. I would call a few of your friends to make sure they are coming and if they know if any of the other people you invited are and make a list so you have some sort of idea
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:35 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I think it's rude not to RSVP. This happened for my son's b-day party. You cannot plan the amount of food/supplies you will need-it really puts undo burden on the host. I am sure more people are coming to your shower, but yes, you should always RSVP (whether you are able to go or not).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• SHIT! So how many do we plan for?!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I even put a RSVP to a phone number as well as an Email! and only 3 so far! It is so annoying!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It is polite to RSVP. I usually do so but wait till I know the family is healthy or I have a babysitter. I want to be certain that if I commit I am going to be there for sure. With that few responses I dont think it would be wrong to make inquiries. If you asked 80 plan for at least 40 but make it stretchable. My sister had a graduation party and had a pavilion reserved no one showed and we ate popcorn and hotdogs for months. My husband had a graduation party, again no one responded so we set a large table for 8 aside and tried to cram 30 people around it by the end of the evening!
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If it says RSVP I do, always. If you have phone numbers you can call them and politely say that the invite said RSVP and you need a final head count.
    OmsYankeeMama

Answer by OmsYankeeMama at 3:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2009