• In the Spotlight:

my daughter found a new sound...

she has been whining allll day long.... but shes completely fine... then she laughs. its funny.. its loike she is dong it for you to pay attention to her... is that possible at almost 6 months??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she probably recognizes that when she cries she gets extra attention or you'll come to her quickeer. I think its possible but Id have to ask my SO to be sure, he's the child psychology major.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son is four and half months and I he definately cries purely for attention sometimes, he'll be fussing away and as soon as he hears me coming towards him he goes quiet and smiles, so yes!!
    MoyraLongstaff

Answer by MoyraLongstaff at 4:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LOL my DD is almost 11 weeks and she does that to me, it makes me laugh cause she will be just yelling and saying aaaaaaaaaaaa and then i go talk to her and starts smiling and "talking"lol
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 5:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter is 6 months too, and she will cough in this funny way to get my attention. I guess as soon as they find out what works, they will use it to their advantage LOL
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Try to ignore it, and praise the good behavior. My son did the fake cough thing, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009