anyone else use a crib tent.. my ds is not even two and is almost climbing out of his crib.. the tent does look weird but safe. he is not ready for toddler bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would say to try it, I thought about it but my DD never needed one I just wanted it cause I was scared the cat would lay on her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Just get him a cage, same difference. If the crib isn't safe he's ready for a toddler bed even if you aren't ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my daughter was in a toddler bed form around 18 months b/c she could climb.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• When they start climbing or trying to climb the crib, they ARE ready for a toddler bed. You may not be ready, but he is. Use the tent if you want, but I think you're likely to find it's going to cause you rmore problems than if you just get him a toddler bed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Why don't you think he is ready for a toddler bed?
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son was climbing out of his crib before he was one year old. After two n9ights in a row of him climbing out and falling on his head, we got a crib tent. It was a life saver for my son and a sleep saver for me.

I loved it and we used it until he got a big boy bed close to age three.

sleep

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The crib tent is not compatible with all cribs so check it out before you buy it.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• we put a chair next to the crib

Answer by rkoloms at 1:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I just read another post where the crib tents have caused 10 deaths because the kids try to climb out and get tangled in the tent and suffocate. If your child is climbing out, he is ready for a toddler bed. Safety first. There is no reason for an almost 2 year old to be in a crib anyway. I think it is more a matter or YOU not being ready for your child to be in a toddler bed and no other reason.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Actually they should be in a crib to at least 2 or when and if they start or try to climb out of the crib. Ignore part of her repsone

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009