Very low & soft movement in the 3rd trimester??

I am 28weeks today, hence why I put 3rd trimester...anyway, I have noticed over the last couple weeks (since about 26weeks) that the movements I have been feeling have slowly gotten lighter, as well as lower. I can feel my uterus a good few inches or more above my belly button, but I no longer feel kicks from my belly button up. I am feeling them very low in my abdomen (kinda where I was first feeling flutters). As it has gone lower, it has also gotten lighter...to the point where the last couple of days it has felt like nothing more than light hiccups, just not rhythmic like hiccups. I was wondering...is this a sign that maybe he is feet down?? Or that he has prematurely dropped?? Or is it just normal to feel movement that low down & not at the top?? I have an appointment on Wednesday with my doctor, but that is the earliest I can see her...so I thought maybe someone here might have an answer...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 5:06 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sign that he is head down, not so much that he dropped- you will SEE that, and trust me-you will feel it too!
    At 27 weeks mine when head down, and I felt everything felt VERY low- hickups, little punches- I had less movment that I was used to, but in a way more????!!
    Around 32 weeks he was really very active again, and those little things I felt, turned out to be like HUGE MOVEMENTS, because now he has little room to move, so when he does, its VERY obvious! lol
    good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• God I hated it when they were down low they tickled..lol But yeah I agree with previous poster. His/Her hands may be moving or head. My kids were very apparent in the upper belly. Baby will start to either slow down or become more apparent as he/she gets bigger. Depends on they handle tight quarters. GOOD luck and if you have any questions ask your doctor she'll know.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2009