how can you soothe and comfort a baby during a growth spurt?

my little girl is about to be 6 months and she has been soo fussy today eating a lot, her sleeping patterns are upside down and shes just not satisfied with anything.. how can you soothe a baby during a growth spurt?
and why do they get fussy??
does it hurt them or something?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:39 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD is almost 11 weeks and she has been fussy too lately, what i do is i hold her,try to breastfeed, play with her, bounce her in my arms, and if nothing works i take her for a walk on her stroller or get her in the car and just go for a short ride and she falls asleep that way, it is also that DD is getting her first tooth out, i can only feel a sharp white line on her gums lol
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 6:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Nurse nurse nurse!! I asked my son's ped if they have growing pains (I remember them from when I was a kid), and he said no, but I'm not convinced. Just try to rock her, comfort her in any way you can. The driving thing worked well for us, too. Whatever does the trick. Just keep trying different things. Sing to her, give her a massage, tummy time... Massage is always good. Even as she's screaming in your arms, try to rub her down and hum to her with your head against hers, so she can feel the vibration from your voice. Try all the things that soothe her normally.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2009