Red marks on baby

This morning my baby woke up with 4 red marks on her. She has 3 on her legs and 1 on her arm. They are not bumpy, or scaly or anything, and it's not rashy. They're about 1cm or less. She doesn't have a fever and they don't seem to bother her at all. She's 6 months old, so I don't think they're any kind of birth mark. They're kind of like bruises, where it's kind of under the skin, not on top, except that they're red instead of purple.
She recently started stage 2 foods. Last night I gave her banana/apple/strawberry. She's had bananas and apples before, but she never had strawberry because it was not available in stage 1.... could it be a reaction to that?
I wish we could upload pics on here so I could show you but does this sound familiar to anyone??

CaylaLU

Asked by CaylaLU at 8:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, You mention strawberries, and I think they could cause a "rash", but I mostly hear they can give an upset stomach. If she doesn't seem bothered by them, I guess I would just watch it and see if it spreads. And then make an appt. if it does.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 8:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I agree..watch it and if it gets worse or spreads make an appt. asap.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LilyandEmmasMom has a good answer. I also don't have any idea what it is. It could be a precursor to hives, when I get hives they have a red patch for a while and then a raised clearish patch where there had been a red area, but it itches a lot. So if the red areas spread or increase in number, or if they swell up into what looks like a blister, then I'd call the doctor or take her to an urgent care clinic. If they go to hives, then I'd definitely get her checked as soon as possible. You are sure that it wasn't something she was lying against in bed? I also think I'd hold off on the foods that she had that might cause allergies, the strawberries, for example.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• (I didn't word that right: Foods that might cause allergic reactions, such as the strawberries.)

Answer by Bmat at 8:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009