How often do you have to spank?

Just curious how other moms handle disciplining -- for those of you who do believe in spanking, how often do you have to spank your 3-4 and what are your spanking offenses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest child is a verry hard headed child when he got into trouble between the age of 3 and 4 1\2 he got into trouble every day. Sometimes you can find other things then spanking a child that work some times a tap on the leg to get there attention so you can tell them something is wrong . My son knows verry well what time out is as dose his younger brother whom just turned 3 last month. You must find out what works for you and your child but make sure what ever you do after the time out or spanking comes an talking as to why they got into to trouble. Good luck..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 8:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I may tap his bottom every other hour some days and not at all on others, but a tap to me doesn't even bring tears, it just makes him realize i'm not playing anymore and mean business. In his entire life time (he's 3.5) I've actually spanked 5-6 times. Once when he tried running into the street, once when he tried taking his bike in the street, once when he tried touching the stove, once when he his my sister with a toy car resulting in a lump on her head, and when he pulled most of the keys off my laptop keyboard. All those things were a 1 time offense because the event occurred, he received a real spanking, and never felt the need to repeat the offense. Like I said a nice little tap on his bottom now usually is enough warning to remind him mommy is one step away from a real spanking, and he shapes up.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Hit* my sister not his my sister
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The ONLY times we use spanking, is when it is life and death. So not very often. We use it when he runs into a road, or through a parking lot. For each of our children, they had to get a swat for getting too close to the stove. But that is about it. Wait, nope, dd went through a phase where she wanted to mess with knives so she got one then, after we tried other disciplines.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I've never found a situation where I'd have to hit my child.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2009