CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE HATE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHGM0718Jk FANATICS OF THE BIBLE FIND THEMSELVES TANGLED UP IN HATE INSTEAD OF THE LOVE JESUS SHOWED US, ALTHOUGH I AM NOT GAY, I HAVE BEEN A RECEPIENT OF SUCH HATE MYSELF, FOR STANDING UP FOR THEM AND WORKING ON GIVING THEM BACK THEIR DIGNITY. I AM SORRY IF MY QUESTIONS GO BACK TO THE SAME THING, IT NEEDS TO BE TOLD, TO BE SPOKEN AND TO CHANGE!

Asked by older at 8:29 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • It's just easier for some to hate, period. Anytime a minority group becomes vocal, extremists from the majority lose their minds. Disagreement is one thing, but the extreme is another thing entirely.
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 9:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• hate has been going on since biblical times~~~it is not going to stop because a post on cafemom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You don't know that it won't anon. It may not stop the person hating, but it may come across to a friend or family member of theirs, who can stop them from physically taking their hate out on another human.

All it takes is one person to prevent an act of violence against another..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ANON, I WOULD BE JUST AS HAPPY IF I COULD AT LEAST MAKE YOU THINK HOW THIS AFFECTS PEOPLE, AND HOW WRONG IT IS TO JUDGE.

Answer by older at 12:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I'm with you all the way babe!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Why is this any different that whay you are doing? You spend all your time looking for "aweful christians" so you can come here and blast people. We all agree that hate is wrong, so stop spewing it yourself.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• TEAMQUINN, SORRY NO CAN DO!

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Older.. stopping hate starts with outselves ... we cannot change others but we can change how we approach other people and how we come across and the things we say.
    Its really that simple, we just have to apply it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• SHANEAGLE777, I DO NOT HATE ANYONE, LIKE I SAID BEFORE I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND.

Answer by older at 4:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• In order to come together it is important to see why people hate. Why do people hate with such passion? We can't sweep it that level of hate under the rug. We have to observe it, ask questions and try to find answers. Looking at hate head on is not pretty but we have to in order to help educate others. How can we help if we forget about it and put it in the closet?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:25 PM on Aug. 8, 2009