When did you find out you were having twins!?!

I am 18 1/2 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I measured 30 weeks along and they found a second heartbeat! Does this happen often where you don't find out till half way through!?!?

LuccasMommy

Asked by LuccasMommy at 8:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I once knew a girl who didn't find out until 21 weeks (at the u/s)!
    mellie369

Answer by mellie369 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Did you have any early ultrasounds? I don't know if it's common but I do know that a certain percentage of twins aren't even discovered until birth. I read it somewhere.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I found out tht I was having twins was wen I went to the doctor. He told me wen I was getting my ultrasound done. He said "you know tht ur not having one?" he turned the monitor around and I saw 2 babies! I was like 9 weeks. Then when I was 3 months I had a miscarriage. This happened last year.
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• did u have an ultrasound?? it might have been just ur heartbeat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and I go for another this week to confirm twins. Last night my husband and I felt kicking on both sides of my stomach at the same time!
    LuccasMommy

Answer by LuccasMommy at 6:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I found out at my normal u/s at 18 weeks. I felt big, people said things about it being twins in like a joking way, but I thought it was just because it was my 2nd pregnancy and I had heard you show sooner and bigger with the 2nd so I thought nothing of it. There was definitely two babies in the ultrasound though!
    beckyhedrick

Answer by beckyhedrick at 11:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I found out at 7 weeks we were prego! Then at 9 weeks we had an ultrasound and found out we were having twins!
    13 weeks we found we were having a boy and 16 weeks - we found we were having a girl too!
    we had tons of ultrasounds.. and lots of visits!

best of luck!! Congrats!!!
    Ginamomoftwins

Answer by Ginamomoftwins at 10:02 AM on Aug. 10, 2009