ARE THIS VIEWS OUT OF FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kKI8jkYGc

Asked by older at 8:55 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • You keep doing your research Older. I appreciate all that you do in helping homosexual youth and their families.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• NO DISRESPECT TO MY FELOW FRIENDS THAT ARE CHRISTIAN, JUST AN OBSERVATION.

Answer by older at 8:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• no, I honestly think it comes from ignorance, rather than fear. If you talk with a Good Christian, they take the time to actually read and understand what their faith is. (a good christian, doesn't fit do what the other christians do). Other Christians quote and twists text because they don't fully grasp the full understanding of it, and refuse to ask for help. They see what they see as "THE WAY". There is no changing people like this. These people are often the type to use scripture to pursue some form of prejudice act because they filling in what they don't understand, with the hate in their own hearts.

I'm no longer a Christian, but even from what I remember, accepting God is suppose to give you spiritual understanding. If your faith is true, then God isn't talking to these people, they are being encouraged by the devil.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• In my Christian upbringing I've always been told that Fear comes from Satan. End of discussion

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Some of the points in the video are arguable.

However, I do agree that the gifts that we enjoy from God (i.e. marriage) are already enjoyed by Christians and non-Christians alike. I think people could seperate "Holy Matrimony" from "Legal Marriage." Holy Matrimony should be up to the individual churches and pastors and what they feel is right or wrong. Legal marriage should be up to the state. There are lots of marriages out there that have not invited God to take part in that no one is protesting.

I do think a lot of Christians honestly come from a place of love and truly feel that the Bible says homosexuality is wrong and speak/vote on their convictions. I feel other Christians come from a place of homophobia and use the Bible as a platform to spew anything and everything their heart desires to say.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Older do you spend all your time on youtube looking for stuff to post here. Look we all know there are wacko's of all faiths. Can we please stop digging up every wacko "christian" video on the planet.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• TEAMQUINN, THIS IS WHAT I DO, SORRY BUT THERE IS SO MUCH, AND NO I DON'T SPEND ALL DAY DOING THAT, IT IS JUST RESEARCH I DO.

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Older.. If you truly want to be an instrument here... look for positive things instead of negative... that way less people are torn apart and more are encouraged. You do have that choice... if you choose to continue this path... do not expect people to respond nicely to you, since it is you that bring it upon yourself. I do not say that angrily but with compassion. I am trying to help you see what you are doing isn't the right way to go about it to get the message you want to get across.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Another very powerful video Older.  I particularly like the part  where he talks about atheists defiling the sanctimony of marriage.  My husband and I are both lifelong atheists and we were married in a church.  Is our marriage valid?  Has anyone's marriage been affected because we repeated our vows in front of a Vicar?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• SHANEAGLE777, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT DESTROY THE GAY LIFESTYLE, I WANT TO UNDERSTAND THEM SO I CAN HELP MY YOUTH AND THEIR PARENTS, IT IS NOT DONE MALICIOUSLY. I CAN HANDLE ANY COMMENT THAT COMES MY WAY, BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN.

Answer by older at 4:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009