What are some of the biggest parenting myths?

Just for fun. What are some of the biggest parenting myths that most people accept that you have found not to be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Rice in bottles...It just makes the child FAT and have issues with weight when they get OLDER
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i disagree with the rice in a bottle...i did it with both my kids and they are fine...plus one of my friends has six kids and did it with all of them and they are VERY petite...i believe the fat thing to be a myth itself :)
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i agree with blueeuedgrl1377 i put a little rice cereal in my dd's bottle b/c she wasn't getting full

also, my brother has to with his son (dr's orders) b/c he dosen't get full off just milk
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ITS a risk.. If any of you do the research you will see that putting ceral in a bottle has a high CHANGE of being fat.. If you havent noticed all the people around us then you are blind..Its the "well my parents did it,So i will do it" not realizing the risk.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Spanking makes kids more aggressive. I don't believe this one. Personally I don't spank my kids, but my sister and I were spanked frequently and neither one of us are aggressive at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• well if the doctor said for me to feed it to my dd, it was being fed to her, she's not fat, she's healthy... with anything you feed your kids, it's a risk of them getting fat, if she does she does but right now she is a toddler who needs food , granted mine likes fruit & vegies not junk, but i'm not worried about her image b/c she's only 3 & if ppl want to judge MY child, they can take it out with me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Baby cereal in a bottle WILL NOT MAKE A BABY fat... god!!! Sorry had to deal with this with my niece's mother. If the baby will eat the same amount in a bowl there is no reason they can't eat if with the milk?
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• IM talking about people doing it when the baby id NOT READY to be eating AT ALL. Say about 3-4 weeks..THE baby is NOT ready to be eating at all! http://www.drgreene.com/21_861.html once the baby is ready to eat..THAT MEANS THE BABY IS READY to eat.. but not before the 4-6 months! So major difference.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i don't need an online doctor's opinion, i trust my child's ped
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• thats not what you were saying in your original post at all ryanlynn...interesting the more people bring up that your wrong the more often your story changes...you have to be right
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2009