I am happy to be pregnant, so why do I feel so depressed?

I found out by taking several home pregnancy tests that I was pregnant on August 1st. We had only been trying for 2 months. Now I although I am thrilled, I have become depressed. My brain is very excited, but my emotions swing from excited to sad to despairing and I am really weepy, especially in the mornings. I even feel hostility toward my husband. Why is this happening???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its all part of hormonal changes. I have 3 boys and went through similar feelings. Just try talking out the hosility part. Take deep breaths. I would cry at things i would never have cried at, like commericials, even if someone said something nice to me that i didnt expect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Hormones!! I went through the same thing...especially with my last two kids. I planned them but I went through some very serious depression. I eventually snapped out of it, but its hard. Just hang on, in a few weeks, it should subside. Definitely talk to your doc about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:51 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Its the hormones girl! Im happy for you! Goodluck mommy to be!
    demelina12

Answer by demelina12 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would definitely talk with your doctor about this, especially if it continues because there are safe medicines you can take during pregnancy to help you with this if you need it. But I think what you're experiencing is very normal and a lot of women go through this. I personally experienced it in my last trimester and found help from my doctor...good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
    MicaW

Answer by MicaW at 1:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009