ok so i dont know how to cook

i dont know how to cook do any of you have any thing that is really fast and smiple. that looks like i know how to cook. when i really dont i havent got a clue. im trying to impress my mother. so any help would be great thank you.

jacobmommy62106

Asked by jacobmommy62106 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• make meatloaf muffins...REALLY easy!

1lb of ground beef, 2 pieces of bread crumbled up, a few good squirts of ketchup, bbq sauce, and mustard, one egg., bout a tsp of garlic, tsp of season salt, tsp of oregano...mix it all together well with your hands.

use an icecream scoop and dish it into a ungreased muffin tin...bake at 350 for 20 min....its perfect especially for anyone with kids cause it gives them their own idividual serving...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Wow, you should join the Recipe Swap group. I'll try to PM you some of the easy recipes I have. I love to cook but only cook easy, quick stuff most of the time.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• The easiest casserole I know, although maybe she wouldn't be impressed by a casserole:

Easy Hamburger Casserole

1 lb extra lean ground beef (or brown ground beef or turkey and drain fat)
    1 small chopped onion
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
    1 can cheese soup
    1 (16oz) pkg tater tots

Heat oven to 375°. Mix beef, onion, salt, and pepper in ungreased 2 qt casserole. Arrange vegetables on meat. Pour soup over, cover with tater tots. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until potatoes are golden brown.

Answer by Bmat at 9:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• this is soooooooo easy, i make it all the time LOL

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
    1 1/3 cups water
    3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.

Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.

Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Or how about getting one of those store-cooked chickens (heat covered for a while until warmed well), bake some potatoes or cook a pre-packaged rice side dish, cook a bag of frozen vegetables. Make a salad. Bake a cake or buy a pound cake, put a scoop of ice cream on the slices, and thaw a package of frozen strawberries and spoon over.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ooooo Josiesmommy! That sounds good. I'm going to try it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Here is one from my MIL, it is similar to Josiesmommy's. Something to have in your recipe box. :)

Chicken Supreme

4 chicken breasts
    1 small box Minute rice
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    generous sprinkle dried onion soup
    1 1/4 can water

put rice in bottom of casserole, pour heated celery soup and 1 ½ cup water over. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with onion soup. Heat mushroom soup and remaining water and pour over. Cover with 2 thicknesses of foil and bake 350° 2 hours.

Can make early and refrigerate.

Notes: I use the whole package of onion soup mix. I don’t heat the soups and water. I spray the casserole before putting anything in.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Do you know what Pampered Chef is? We have a bunch of easyyyyyyyy YUMMY recipes to cook.(I'm a consultant) I can email you a few recipes I love!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i agree with fireangel...she was a HORRIBLE cook (sorry you know i luv ya! lol) and now shes taking pampered chef recipes and actually making them just fine....alot of thier recipes are simple!!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• thank you all.. you are really helping me out.
    jacobmommy62106

Answer by jacobmommy62106 at 9:56 AM on Aug. 8, 2009