So what if I am wrong?

When it comes to religious beliefs you hear, "So what if you are wrong?" from all sides.

Are you concerned about being wrong?

Personally, it doesn't bother me...if I am wrong, I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time, nor the last.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 9:27 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Doesn't bother me either. If I'm wrong, well, the I'm wrong and I deal with the consequenses just like I do any other time. I think dewlling on such things is moronic, and I'd rather concentrate on making my life the best it can be and making those around me happy.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• actually if you are wrong it will be the last time that you are wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Nope, it doesn't bother me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Nope, the idea that I could be wrong just doesn't even compute to me. I am very firm in my beliefs and know I am not wrong, but IF I am, so what? Having the understanding I do of other fiaths actually incourages my own... And it also makes me comfortable in the fact that should I be wrong, it's no big deal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Well, no I dont worry about being wrong either. It generally never crosses my mind because I do feel very much like I know God, but I do have a general sense that THIS particular "wrong" comes at a very high cost. Its not just like your everyday wrong like you made a "wrong" turn. Its much more serious than that. But I feel like if a person will do everything they can to seek out absolute Truth, whether they ever find it all or not, God will honor the intent of their heart. Its the rebellion that he does not honor.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• WHEN YOU HEAR YOURSELF ASKING THAT QUESTION, YOUR FAITH IS NOT BLIND OR STRONG ENOUGH. NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING, I HAVE ALWAYS QUESTIONED SO MANY THINGS, I GUESS IT DEPENDS ALSO ON YOUR PERSONALITY AND THE QUENCH FOR ANSWERS.

Answer by older at 9:47 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Doesn't bother me, either. If I'm wrong and there is no God, then I'm not missing anything. Nor would I feel as though I had wasted my life, because my beliefs have me live according to values and virtues I would want to stand by anyway. So if there is no God, I would still cherish the parts of faith that added joy and happiness to my life. I would still feel as though my beliefs helped me to connect with the rest of humanity on a deeper level, and to love and appreciate my life, this world, and those around me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I'm not concerned at being wrong at all. The idea of a god or higher power is too ridiculous to me.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I'm not worried about whether I am wrong or right. My beliefs make me feel better. If I have to "burn in hell" for that, then so be it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No I have assurance in God's Word. I also have mature believers that help me understand scripture. He is not the author of confusion.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009