Heart Murmur Early Pregnancy?

I went to the doctor ( I was sent by my new job and they paid for it) about 4 days ago and the told me that I had a very faint, slight heart murmur. Yesterday I tested for pregnancy and got a positive. I would be 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have heard of heart murmurs developing in pregnancy...but this early?
My insurance on my new job won't kick in until September so I guess I'll have to search the internet and ask questions until then...

Mommy2Ivy

Asked by Mommy2Ivy at 10:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Health

• Do NOT search the internet. Wait until you talk to a doctor.

I've NEVER heard of murmurs developing during pregnancy. Other heart problems, sure..but murmurs? No. Did he recommend further testing for the heart? If not...I'd not put much into what he said.

Keep it in mind and mention it when you start going to a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No she said it's really slight and don't worry about it. But neither of us knew I was pregnant at that time.
    Mommy2Ivy

Answer by Mommy2Ivy at 5:09 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It IS normal to develope heart murmurs while pregnant! I always have had one and recently switched to a new ob/gyn she heard it and asked if I knew I had one because it is common to develope one in pregnancy!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2009