I think Im coming down with something

my throat and upper chest has been a little sore and congested feeling and my sinuses are weird feeling, if i am coming down with something do i have to worry about my 5 week old catching it while im breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no. Your milk is full of all kidns of good stuff that will keep your baby healthy. Keep on nursing
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:27 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Usually if you breastfeed your baby has some added protection from the antibodies you are making to fight off the illness gets passed to your baby so hopefully your baby will be fine. With my son, he never got an illness from me while I was breastfeeding, he only ever got colds and things that his dad passed to him that I didn't get sick with.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Just to be cautious, see your dr. It could be nothing more than a cold but with swine flu going around I'd safe

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No, in fact, make sure you keep breastfeeding, because your body is already producing antibodies to fight this cold, and your baby will get those. If your baby gets sick, it won't be from the milk. Colds can't be passed that way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009