my 11 month old daughter will not sleep through the night!! Help please

Ok so she used to be a really good sleeper until we had to move in with my in-laws because my husband is going into the navy... she has a bed time routine... and i will admit i usually hold her until she is all most asleep. then i put her in her crib. I try to feed her right before she goes down to make sure her belly is full. She goes down at 9 and by 12:30 shes back up then here latley shes been up again at 3 then 5 then up at 6AM!!! I have a four year old who just started pre-k so i dont want her to wake him up. I try to let her cry but i only last little bit because she wakes everyone in the house. I guess i need to not care about the others except for my lil man he needs his sleep so he can have a good day at school. Any suggestions. ( when she wakes at night i will give her between 3 and 4 ounces.. and the other times i just try to lay her back down with her passie and blankie)

aroll980

Asked by aroll980 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• will she not go to back to sleep on ur chest or if u lay with her? That is how I get my dd back when she will not lay on her own. I put her next to me or om chest with her passie and blankie and pat her butt until she is asleep. Then when she is out I lay her in her bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Have u ever heard of the Vanishing Chair ? I learnt this at a post natal group i used to go 2 when my first child was little. It helps them get off 2 sleep by themselfs and also stops them waking up through the night, or if they do they tend to get themselfs back off. It does take a while to put into place but it is so worth it.

KerryLou

Answer by KerryLou at 11:25 AM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Basically u start off right by her crib/cot. Lay her in it give her a goodnite kiss and turn out the light. She may cry a little n want to come out but just keep laying her back down, not talking to her or really paying her much attention but reasurring her that you are there. You will need to do this for a few nights till she starts to settle (and she will) just b patient and persistant. As she starts going off with you by her, move a little further from her and do the same thing but sitting further away. So on untill u are by the door. Eventually you will be able to just leave her and she will settle by herself. Like i said it does take a while (sometimes quicker than others). It will be well worth it, hope you give it a try and good luck xx
    KerryLou

• She's only 11 months, it's normal, especially since she's experiencing such a huge transition. Pick up a copy of The No-Cry Sleep Solution, it's fabulous.

Good luck.

jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my son slept through the night at 4 mo-8 months and then the teeth came. He would then wake up at 12 to nurse and right back to sleep. This went on until 13-14 months and now he sleeps through the night 8-7.

I fed my son when he woke up-he always ate really well and then right back to sleep. She could be going through a growth spurt or just not comfortable with her surrounding but I am not a CIO Mom so I just wanted to tell you it was normal for them to wake.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• kerry lou i have not heard of the vanishing chair.. can you please tell me about it.. and yes when she wakes i normally give her about 10 mins b4 i get her then depends on what i think she needs i will either giver her a little bit of a bottle then lay her down with out me putting her to sleep. Other times when i think she just wants some loving i pick her up and hold her for a min or two then lay her down. Loa1002 thanks that does make sense... thanks
    aroll980

Answer by aroll980 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Hi ya yeah i did write under my first post a basic explanation it wouldn't let me continue in the same post i will look on the web now see if i can find anything about it and post the link here. My heath visitor taught a group of us it and we all thought it was fantastic. It took a while with my first but my second child i did it with pretty much straight away and he has always gone to sleep by himself and stopped waking up for a feed in the night at 3 months old.
    KerryLou

Answer by KerryLou at 6:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Thanks kerrylou...
    aroll980

Answer by aroll980 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009